JEE Main Application Form 2018: JEE Mains Notification, eligibility criteria for applying for JEE and other detail from official website i.e. jeemain.nic.in
The JEE Main 2018 application form will be available in December 2018 on official website i.e. jeemain.nic.in by the Central Board of Secondary Education i.e. CBSE. Candidates, who are eligible for the Joint Entrance Examination, can apply online for JEE Main 2018.
Joint Entrance Examination i.e. JEE is a common engineering entrance examination conducted by CBSE every year. This is an objective type examination conducted for admission in engineering colleges in all parts of India.
Here, in this article, we are telling you the eligibility criteria for JEE, exam pattern and application process, etc. So, candidates are advised to read this article carefully before applying.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2018
- General and OBC Category Candidates: Born on or after 1st October 1992.
- SC, ST, and PWD Category Candidates: Born on or after Ist October 1987.
- Only that Date of Birth will be considered which is mentioned in the 10th class certificate.
Candidates must have 12th class from the recognized board in 2018 or 2018. But not before 2018 so that they can be eligible for JEE Main 2018.
Application Fee for centers in India:
- For General and OBC Candidates for online test: Application Fee for One Paper is Rs. 500/-, for Both Paper’s bis 1300/- and half the application fee for SC, ST, and Women Category.
- For General and OBC Candidates for offline test: Application Fee for One Paper is Rs. 1000/-, for Both Paper’s bis 1800/- and half the application fee for SC, ST, and Women Category.
Exam Center outside India:
- For General and OBC Candidates for online test: Application Fee for One Paper is Rs. 2500/-, for Both Papers bis 3800/- and half the application fee for SC, ST, and Women Category.
- For General and OBC Candidates for offline test: Application Fee for One Paper is Rs. 2500/-, for Both Papers bis 3800/- and half the application fee for SC, ST, and Women Category.
Exam Pattern JEE Main 2018
JEE Main Exam consists of two papers i.e. Paper 1 and Paper 2. Both the papers are objective type.
Paper 1 is for admission to B.E./B.Tech courses. Paper 1 is conducted both modes i.e. online and offline. Two is for admission in B.Arch and B.Planning courses. Paper 2 is conducted offline only.
Exam 1 consists of three subjects, namely, Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics. Paper 1 will consist of 90 questions i.e. 30 questions from each subject. There will be negative marking also. Four marks will be given for correct answer, and one mark will be deducted for one wrong answer.
Paper 2 will comprise of three parts, namely, Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Drawing Test. In this paper, there will be 50 questions for Aptitude Test of 200 marks, 2 Questions for Drawing Test of 70 marks and 30 Questions for Mathematics of 120 marks.
There will be 1/4th negative marking for each incorrect answer. The JEE Board of Conduct changes the pattern of examination from time to time with the purpose to maintain the transparency of this entrance test.
This year, in JEE 2018, a new test, named as “Science Aptitude Test” will be conducted in the first phase of the exam and then final objective paper as the rank- decider.
How to Apply for JEE Main 2018
Before applying, candidates should ensure that they are eligible for applying for JEE Main 2018. If they are eligible, they should be ready with valid e-mail id, scanned the photograph, signature, left thumb impression, e-challan, etc. before applying.
Steps to Apply for JEE Main 2018:
- Visit the official website i.e. www.jeemain.nic.in
- Search for the link to apply Online for JEE Main 2018.
- Candidates have to choose whether they want to apply for paper 1 or paper 2 or both.
- Fill all the details in application form like personal details, guardian details, academic details, contact details like email id, password, security pin etc.
- After that upload the scanned photograph, signature, and left thumb impression in specified dimensions (right-hand thumb in case the candidate do not have the left-hand thumb or any finger if both thumbs are not there).
- After that, fill the application fee through credit card/debit card/e-challan, etc. In the case of e-Challan, the payment should be made in the Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC Bank in cash.
- Click Submit after checking the filled application form.
- Take the printout of it for future reference.
If you need any other information related to JEE Main 2018 application form, you can use the link given below:
Official Website www.jeemain.nic.in